Yadkin County Schools strives to maintain a safe and healthy environment for students, employees, and visitors. However, when accidents occur and any injured individuals are attended to, there are certain documentation requirements that must be met. These forms are provided below as .pdf fillable forms. These forms are able to be filled out online and printed or be printed then filled out by hand.
Student or Employee Accident
Any Accident resulting in injury to an employee or student should be reported immediately.
If the accident is recordable, the employee will immediately inform the principal or supervisor and complete an employee or student accident report form (located below).
Any accidents involving property damage (no injuries) should be reported promptly to the principal or supervisor.
When an ambulance and/or doctor must be called to the scene of an accident:
- Give a clear and exact location of the accident;
- Report the nature of the injury;
- Report any treatment or first aid that has been administered to the injured;
- If an accident or illness occurs at a school requiring an ambulance, remind the 911 communication center that the ambulance siren needs to be turned off before approaching the school to prevent unnecessary disruption of students and /or anyone not involved with the accident;
- All recordable accidents must be reported to the insurance company.
For detailed reporting requirements and procedures for employee accidents, please see the Workers Compensation Procedures Memo located below.
When an accident involving non-emergency injuries occurs, employees should call Yadkin Medical Associates for an appointment for consultation and treatment. This agreement covers non-emergency injuries that arise out of and in the course of employment. Please see the Yadkin Medical Associates memo below.